A native of Russia, Chaga mushroom is actually a parasitic fungus growing on the birch tree. It is actually irregular in shape and appears like a mass of charcoal. Its black colour is a result of the massive amounts of melanin. Chaga mushroom is well known in Russia, though its fame is fast spreading worldwide. Besides being powerful adaptogenic, the coil is an immune booster, an excellent digestive aid, anti-inflammatory, and anti-viral properties.
Below is a compressive listing of Chaga mushroom proven health advantages.
1. Prevention and treatment of cancer – The active compound within the Chaga mushroom comes with an essential role in prevention and handling of cancer, according to research. Betulinic acid, Inotodiol, and Ergosterol peroxide are some of the essential compounds with anticancer properties. Betulinic acid induces cell apoptosis and prevents tumour development while Ergosterol peroxide inhibits colorectal cancer. Moreover, other extracts in Chaga mushroom help the immunity mechanism to recognise cancer cells as foreign and invasive; thus prompting your body to battle against them.
2. Immune booster – Chaga extracts boost and modulate the defense mechanisms through producing immune cells Interleukin-6 and Lymphocyte B. Moreover, the extracts promote the immune system’s ability to differentiate between foreign cells and the body’s cells; thus increasing the accuracy from the immunity mechanism in answering invasion by alien cells. Chaga extract plays an important role in preventing allergies by helping the body to recognise its cells better; thus it cannot combat its cells. In the event reducing the probability of occurrence of autoimmune disease.
Also, Chaga mushroom extracts are efficient in decrease in immune system hypersensitivity. Immune hypersensitivity be a consequence of a serious hypersensitive reaction. Such reaction can lead to cardiac shock. Being a biological response modifier, Chaga mushroom boosts the immunity mechanism when needed and lower it when it is hypersensitive.
3. An effective antiviral and antibiotic – Chaga extracts have potent antiviral and antimicrobial properties. As an example, Chaga extracts work well against viruses since they inhibit replication of HIV 1 and stop Herpes virus from infecting new cells. Furthermore, the extracts are effective in cutting infection because of Hepatitis C. The extracts stop the procedure that bacteria use to activate gene expression (quorum sensing), a necessary part of fighting bacterial infection. A cup of Chaga tea is vital to fight the bacteria which could cause ulcers.
4. Fights inflammation – Chaga extracts reduce overactivated immune responses through decreasing expression of molecules that activate inflammatory responses. Besides, the extracts minimise inflammation from the colon through lessening oxidative stress. Note that, low antioxidant levels can result in inflammatory bowel syndrome, an inflammation of colon cells. Furthermore, methanolic extracts of Chaga extracts reduce pain stemming from inflammations, by blocking the consequences of enzymes that engage in inflammatory pathways, nitric oxide supplement synthase, and cyclooxygenase-2.
5. Powerful antioxidant – Antioxidants play an important role in neutralising free radicles in the body. The free radicles cause oxidative stress. Chaga has got the highest amount of antioxidant potency as compared to every other food. Our prime quantities of antioxidants are caused by the top quantity of polyphenols inside the Hericium Erinaceus Extract. Besides, the top levels of Super Oxidase Dimutase, protect body cells against destructive outcomes of uncontrolled oxidation and free radicles. The antioxidative properties, reduce the rate of cell ageing.
6. Alleviates Ulcers and gastritis – Among the causes of ulcers is bacteria. Being a potent antimicrobial, Chaga kills the bacteria which induces ulcers within the digestive system reducing likelihood of ulcers. Besides, the extracts of the mushroom are crucial in cutting inflammation and boosting immunity. Taking a cup of Chaga tea or even a glass of tepid water infused with Chaga mushroom powder 30 minutes before meals alleviate pain, and soothes the ulcers.
7. Physical endurance – Chaga polysaccharides reduce lactic acid concentration within the blood throughout an exercise. Reducing lactic acid reduces fatigue and enhances the whole process of energy production. Besides, the polysaccharides increase the glycogen content of muscles and also the liver. Moreover, Chaga mushroom extracts, decrease blood urea nitrogen levels, a component that plays a part in fatigue.
8. Inhibition of dangerous thrombus – Platelets may aggregate and consequently forming clots inside the veins; a disorder called thrombosis. A thrombus is potentially fatal as it might cause diseases like cardiac event and stroke. Chaga extracts reduce the whole process of aggregation of platelets significantly; thus eliminates the potential risks of thrombosis. Besides, Chaga is essential in soothing blood vessels when in irritation. Such property is necessary in cases of pain or conditions such as neuropathy and diabetes.
9. Improves diabetic health – Chaga’s ethanolic compounds significantly reduce high blood glucose levels level by increasing levels of insulin within the liver. Insulin regulates sugar, by stimulating liver cells to convert sugar into glycogen or increase sugar breakdown. Among the reasons for insulin resistance is oxidative stress. Insulin resistance leads to accelerated diabetes complications. The antioxidants in Chaga mushroom reduce the risk of oxidative damage. Also, the extracts decelerate that rate of carbohydrate absorption; thus reducing the surges in blood glucose, which would otherwise cause diabetes complications.
10. Normalising blood pressure levels and cholesterol levels – Betulinic acid can break up the reduced-density lipoprotein, bad cholesterol inside the blood, while other extracts increase the quantity of high-density lipoprotein, good cholesterol in the liver. Through the elimination of bad cholesterol from bloodstream, along with eliminating clots from your veins, Chaga mushroom extracts ensure a wholesome blood pressure.
11. Skin health – The massive quantities of antioxidant melanin in Chaga mushroom, make it a great skin toner. The melanin protects genes and DNA. Naturally, melanin is an element of the skin, that protect it against harmful radiation. Moreover, melanin gives the skin its colour. Chaga’s melanin, enhances the skin’s health, making it supple and protecting your skin from damage by radiation. Mixing Chaga powder in a skin moisturiser and applying it towards the skin is useful.
12. Digestive Aid – Chaga extracts relieve indigestion and eliminate gastrointestinal pain. Moreover, Chaga mushroom is an excellent way to obtain dietary fibre, thus aiding in peristalsis. Chaga stimulates the production of bile, an essential salt within the breakdown of fats. Taking 4oo ml of Chaga mushroom powder three times each day, half an hour before food decbbe important for a healthy digestive tract.
13. Liver detoxifying and hepatoprotective abilities – Chaga extracts clean the liver ridding it of the toxic substances. Moreover, Chaga extracts can safeguard the liver from damage by chemicals.
14. Relieving sensation of stress – Chaga extracts are essential in balancing hormones within the body. In the case of stress, your body releases stress hormones. The hormones are responsible for the sense of stress and fatigue. An equilibrium of such hormones, balances the functioning of the body, hence enables one to handle stress. Being a popular adaptogen, Tongkat Ali Extract, assistance to stabilise, restore and protect the body. It can so by improving the body react to the stressor, normalising physiological functioning. Moreover, the extracts increase tolerance in the body to stress.
15. Improves cognitive function – Chaga extracts reduce brain oxidative stress and restore the amount of acetylcholine during oxidative stress. Acetylcholine promotes learning and memory. Increasing the levels of acetylcholine increases the cognitive performance of your individual.